MANTA’s 2nd annual regatta, 21-23 December, brought 11 teams together, in Mui Ne, for strong wind racing. Racing was inshore, protected from north-easterlies, in flat waters, with a gentle beach gradient, and no beach break. Winds were 15-25 knots, in the racing area, building through the day, and through the regatta, until gusts reached 35 knots, across the top of the dunes, closing racing on Sunday, after the 18th race.
Principal Race Officer was Janot Prat.
Officiators: Tracy McCormick and Sasha Warden-Parker Denehey, with help from Beth and Alisia.
Teams arrived from across Vietnam (Hanoi, HCMC, Nha Trang, Mui Ne and Vung Tau), crossing a range of nationalities, including 40% Vietnamese. Teams raced MANTA’s Laser Standards, Laser Radials, RS Fevas, RS Teras and O’pen Bic, on corrected PY2 time, circulating after each race to sail each dinghy.
Mr Huyen, Border Police, gave trophies for first 3 places and sponsors’ prizes to all competitors.
Thanks to sponsors: Blue Dragon, Coco Beach, Dragon Beach, Evokaii, Family Medical Practice, Kite-n-Surf, Jibes, O’pen Bic, Roxy Spa, Sandals and Mia.
Watch the Video:
More Photos on Facebook
- Genuine 77 (Geoff and Quentin Bishop – defending 2011 title)
- Jibes (Lucy Odillo Maher)
- Youstipatam (Hugues De Lesquen)
- Mathelo (Thibaud Mathelo)
- MANTA (Nguyen Van La and Tran Quoc Phung)
- VKS (Tran Hai)
- Remix (Kevin Lau Hansen and Milan)
- Barracuda (Matthieu and Anne)
- Candy (Tuan Anh, Andrew and Candy)
- Maritime Club (Olivier La Forest)
- Nha Trang (Luong Van Than)